This past Monday was another shirt session in my new Prototype Metal bench shirt. I had already touched 585 in it, and I wanted to see if it has enough top-end for me to eventually bench big in it.  Plus, I haven't done much lockout work  the last few months, and I know I need to start devoting more time to it.

I started out raw, and worked up like so:

bar x a bunch

135 x 5

185 x 5

225 x 1

275 x 1

315 x 1

365 - 3 board

Raw with shirt

455 - 3 board

495 - 2 board (stayed on the 2-board from here on in)

545 x 1

585 x 1

635 x 1

675 x 1

Nowhere near the heaviest I've worked up off the 2-board, but the highest I've gone in a while.

I did pull the collar a bit lower than the previous shirt day, but I still have room to go lower. Very happy with this prototype so far, although I do feel it is a little big on me. Since I plan on going 220 rather than 198 the next time I hit the meet platform, I think I'll be able to bloat into it though!