Competed at the APF-AAPF Orlando Barbell Florida State Meet and won Best Female Raw Lifter: 297/181/352.5.
Current total: 830.5 at 132 lb BW
Qualified National Strongman competitor and will be competing in Nationals this coming October to qualify for The Arnold in 2016
I am here to live, learn, and pass on.
Really loving the changes I've made so far with training. Adding incline close presses to my upper body speed day allows me to warm up properly for the event portion to my training, targeting my shoulders and triceps. I was able to work up to a pretty heavy log, strength is there, but technique is still something I need to work on. That's where the event supplement work comes into play.
Speed bench against bands - Fat bar incline presses (close grip) for 10 x 3
Used 40% of my 1RM (75 lbs)
Heavy Log presses - worked up to 115 lbs for 5 x 5
Event supplement work:
- Deloaded to 85 lbs to work on technique: Log cleans (no press) for 8 x 2
- Rows with the log - 3 x 15
- Rows with the Swiss bar which has 3 different handles (wide, medium and close) - Did 5 reps of each handle for 4 sets
- Bicep curls with the Swiss bar - Did 5 reps of each handle for 3 sets
- Sled drags while holding the sand bag - 3 x 200 Ft
- Ran with the prowler (fairly light) - 3 x 100 Ft
Thank you for being a part of my journey. Suggestions and comments are always welcomed!