The intensity never stops in the S4 Compound.
Last week, John Meadows brought good friend and IFBB Pro Ken Jackson to elitefts for a trademark Dave and John leg session. These sessions, as anyone who follows Dave's log knows, are designed to push the limits of what is reasonable training and enter into the realm of absurdity.
Ken Jackson didn't only hold his own, he also pushed beyond the limits and matched the intensity of the gym. This video shows clips of the whole workout, including the full written session at the end.
Dave Tate's Training Log
Here is the training session seen in the video - excerpt from Dave's training Log.
I love to hate this shit. John and I set a plan out so by the time the Arnold Classic got here we would both be ready to take training up to the stupid level we have in the past. Things are coming along right on time and today was a good test to see just what I could handle. The one thing I know after today is my diet needs more Kcals and I need to get the Intra back into my plan. I just had to take a muscle relaxer to deal with the insane leg cramps I've had the past two hours. So if I drop off in this post it simply means I passed out.
Seated Leg Curls
* 6 warm up sets of 10
* 3 work sets of 10
* 1 work set of 10 with 30 partials
* Started at 5 plates per side for 10 reps per set. Worked up one plate per side staying with 10 reps pr set. At 13 plates per side busted out a challenge set of 25 reps Began to see stars at this point and knew it was going to be a rough day.
* I have no idea how many sets of 8 we did but I do remember there were three more weight jumps after what I thought was the last set. I am going to guess and say 7 work sets. All of these were done to failure.
* 5 sets of 6-8 reps
* 4 sets 15 with 20 partials
- The ad-abduction machine and well as glute press
* all for 3 sets of 15-20 reps
Posting this doesn't look like much but the effort was very high. The last leg press set was one rep shy of failure as were all the squat machine sets. After those I felt like I was going to pass out and spent a ton of time bent over leaning on equipment trying to breath and keep from falling over. The camps hit about 4 hours later and have been a bitch since then.