We screwed up.

When we brought back Table Talk three weeks ago, we did it to give Dave a chance to speak directly to you. Off-the-cuff, unrehearsed, straightforward, in-tune with your interests. Dave at his best.

This has always produced the most loved content on our site, and we're all about giving you what you love. But in one of our most recent videos there was a particular point Dave neglected: gender.

So we're returning to the previous question: how can a powerlifter find their appropriate weight class? The answer to this question is going to be different for women than it is for men, which Dave points out in the following video. The difference between men and women applies to a lot of aspects of training and nutrition: percentage-based attempt increases, volume, max effort training, etc. 90% of training between men and women is the same, but the other 10% can be huge. That 10% matters. It matters a lot.

When you apply the law of one-percent change to these seemingly insignificant differences, they add up and can make or break your progress, or even your career.

We screwed up, and now we're going to correct that mistake and pay greater attention to details in the future. Here's the start of that.

WATCH: My Worst Injury in Powerlifting

WATCH: Table Talk with Dave Tate — How To Find Your Perfect Weight Class

WATCH: What Have You Learned Post-Powerlifting?